Are you interested in working in a fast-paced political environment?
Do you have the skills to combine constituency casework with parliamentary process?
I am offering a paid internship in my London office. This position will commence in September and will run until July 2020.
The successful candidate will be equally comfortable interacting with constituents in Glasgow and Government Ministers in London.
Duties will include:
• Analysing, evaluating and interpreting data and evidence
• Developing and maintaining current knowledge of Bills, Early Day Motions, legislation, Hansard, debates etc
• Diary management
• Providing advice on policy issues
• Monitoring media coverage and briefing on relevant issues
• Preparing and presenting briefing notes for committees, press releases, parliamentary questions and speeches
• Progressing casework as required
• Providing general admin support
• Responding to routine correspondence and enquiries
• Undertaking research on issues of interest/relevance
• Other duties as required
Hours: This is a full-time position – 37.5 hours per week.
Salary: The successful candidate for this position will receive an annual salary of £25,000.
Applications: Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your skills and experience to email@example.com with “Parliamentary Intern” in the subject title.
Closing Date: Friday 21st June 2019 at 5pm
Interviews are likely to be held in the week commencing 1st July 2019.