Are you interested in working in a fast-paced political environment? Do you have the skills to support constituents in need of assistance from their MP? Can you produce social media content and press releases in a timely manner?
I am now recruiting for a Constituency Assistant.
The successful candidate will be comfortable interacting with constituents in Glasgow as well as government departments and other organisations.
Duties will include:
- Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
- Attend constituency meetings as appropriate
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required
- Draft responses to constituents
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
- Establish, monitor and update a social media and online presence in the constituency. Produce online graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts etc.
- Follow up on social media queries and comments
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required
- Produce press releases, liaise with the media, meeting deadlines as appropriate
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally
Hours: This is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week), however, flexible/part-time working may be available depending on the successful candidate’s circumstances.
Salary: The successful candidate for this position will receive an annual salary in line with IPSA pay bands.
Applications: Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your skills and experience to email@example.com with “Constituency Assistant” in the subject field.
Closing Date: Friday 27th May 2022 at 5pm
Interviews are likely to be held early to mid-June.
Employment is conditional upon the successful candidate completing the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office.